Title : A Village Remembered: The Armenians of Habousi
Author : The Compatriotic Union of Habousi
Translator : Vatche Ghazarian, Ph.D.
Publication date : Mayreni Publishing, 1997
Language : English
Format : 16 x 23.5 cm
Date of online publication : 1970-01-01
Number of pages : 32
A Village Remembered: The Armenians of Habousi - The Compatriotic Union of Habousi
Preface to the Armenian Version
Chapter 1: The Region and Its People
Chapter 2: The Foundation of Habousi
Chapter 3: Historical Fragments
Chapter 4: The location and the Springs of Habousi
Chapter 5: Agriculture and Produce
Chapter 6: Trade and Trades
Chapter 7: Household Economy
Chapter 8: Administration
Chapter 9: Family and Holidays
Chapter 10: Engagement and Wedding
Chapter 11: Baptism
Chapter 12: Interesting Remedies
Chapter 13: Proverbs
Chapter 14: Songs, Puzzles, Games and Curses
Chapter 15: Folk Idioms
Chapter 16: The Aghas of the Village
Chapter 17: The School and the Church
Chapter 18: The Missionary Movement and the School
Chapter 19: On the Eve of the 1895 Massacres
Chapter 20: The Massacres and the Victims
Chapter 21: 1915 Genocide and Deportation
Chapter 22: Resilience and Resurrection
Chapter 23: The Patriotic Union of Habousi
Chapter 24: The Holy Cross Church of Lawrence
Chapter 25: Ararat Armenian Congregational Church
Chapter 26: Epilogue of the Armenian Version
Chapter 27: Overview of the Compatriotic Union of Habousi
The Holy Cross Church of Lawrence
The Armenians of Lowell established St. Vartanants Church in 1916. Their pastors took on the religious care of Lawrence Armenians according to arrangements made by the Diocese of the Armenian Church.
On August 28, 1932, Arch. Ghevont Tourian, the Primate of the Armenian Church, anointed the cornerstone.
Worthy of mention also are the church choir and the Armenian Church Youth Organization of America. Both contributed greatly.
Deacon Oshagan Minassian — 1953-July 1955.
Fr. Garen Gedanian (visiting pastor) — 1955-1957
Rev. Fr. Hrant Khachadourian (visiting pastor) — 1955-1957
Fr. Vartan Avakian — 1957-1973.
Rev. Fr. Vazken Keshishian — 1974-1979.
Rev. Fr. Yeghishe Kezirian (visiting pastor)— 1979–1981
Rev. Fr. Bared Yeretsian — 1981-1985.
Fr. Zenob Nalbandian — 1985 to present.